Version date: 3/31/15
Scope and application
This Privacy Statement applies to the Crowe Horwath LLP Alumni Network site (https://alumni.crowehorwath.com) hereafter referred to as the "Alumni Site". The Alumni Site is administered by Conenza, Inc. on behalf of Crowe Horwath LLP.
Use of the Alumni Site implies acceptance of this Privacy Statement
The information you provide on this site as a user is used by Crowe Horwath LLP and Conenza, Inc. (the administrator of the site) for the purpose of administering your membership and use of the site as a member of the Crowe Horwath LLP Alumni Network. This website is located and operated in the United States of America. Your personal information will be collected and used in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Statement and applicable data privacy laws. Both Crowe Horwath LLP and Conenza, Inc. adhere to the terms of this Privacy Statement.
Your privacy on the Alumni Site
We want you to feel secure when visiting our site and are committed to maintaining your privacy online. Please read this Privacy Statement to understand how your personal data will be treated as you use this site. This Statement may change from time to time so please check back periodically.
The Alumni Site is a private site available only to current and former partners, employees and interns of Crowe Horwath LLP, Crowe Horwath LLP’s subsidiaries and affiliates. Please do not give out your username or password to anyone. If you know of an alumnus looking to get access, please ask them to register at the site. In addition, please respect the privacy of other Alumni members and do not give out personal data obtained from the site to anyone.
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online - in the optional fields in your profile, through email, or in chat areas - that information is accessible to the rest of the Alumni community, and may be made public. Crowe Horwath LLP cannot be responsible for any misuse of such information by others, including any unsolicited messages you may receive as a result of providing information at this site.
You have control over contacts you make on the alumni site. My Contacts requires two-way confirmation of requests so that when someone requests to be your contact you must confirm that you want to be their contact. The data that your contacts can access is controlled by your privacy settings. You can select to make information in your profile visible to just your contacts or to all users of the Alumni Site.
Finally, activity feed functionality will be added to the Alumni Site in a future release. Activity feeds highlight activities you take on the Alumni Site such as adding a new contact, submitting a news article, or joining a group. You can select who sees your different types of activities feeds by updating your privacy settings.
What information do we gather?
The Alumni Site collects personal data when you directly give it to us, such as:
- when you register. During registration and profile set-up, we require that you provide your name and email address. If you completed an exit survey when your employment with Crowe Horwath LP ended, additional information that you provided on that survey may be automatically added to your profile at this site. In addition, your user profile offers you the opportunity to provide a wide range of additional information, including postal address, current occupation, industry, education, and personal and business interests. The more information you volunteer (and the more accurate it is), the better we are able to customize your experience. However, please supply only information that is relevant for the stated purposes of this website. We may keep a record of the following types of information: `
- correspondence between you and the Alumni Site,
- information you post on the Alumni Site, such as on the chat pages,
- responses to online surveys that we use for research and quality control purposes, and
- IP addresses, which are collected indirectly through our website technology and used for system administration purposes.
Crowe Horwath LLP also shares a small amount of information about you with Conenza during the registration process in order to verify that you are a Crowe Horwath LLP alumnus/a. This information includes your name, last Crowe Horwath LLP home office location and the year you started with Crowe Horwath LLP.
On pages where the Alumni Site collects personal information we will include a link to this Privacy Statement.
How do we use your personal data?
The Alumni Site will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To enable other users to search for and locate you via the directory.
- Primarily, to provide our users with a customized experience on our site, including personalization services such as News and Events and interactive communications.
- To research and analyze our users' demographics, interests and behavior in an aggregated form to better understand and serve our users and improve our site and its offerings.
- To contact you periodically with communications about events, publications or employment opportunities with Crowe Horwath LLP, which we feel might interest you, unless you ask not to be contacted. You will have an opportunity to opt out of receiving further messages.
- To share with other internal Crowe Horwath LLP systems, specifically our internal sales tool (Microsoft CRM), to contact you with industry relevant information. Click here to opt-out of sharing information with Crowe Horwath LLP's internal sales tool.
- We may also use data for other purposes, which we would always describe to you when we collect the information.
With whom does the Alumni Site share my information?
The Alumni Site does not sell or rent your personal data. We will not disclose any of the personally data you provide to this site to third parties, except:
- to our service providers, such as auditors, and contractors, including Conenza, who may help develop or maintain this site,
- with your prior and informed consent, or
- when required by law or a court of tribunal of competent jurisdiction, or
- to third parties in the event that Crowe Horwath LLP sells or liquidates all or any part of its business or assets, or
- to business partners or sponsors where this is necessary for the purposes related to the Alumni program, in which case this will be specifically described to you prior to data collection or prior to transferring the data, and you can choose not to allow the transfer by not using that particular service, or
- in special cases when this is necessary in order to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our Terms of Service or may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) someone else's rights or property.
What are my choices and rights in relation to my personal information?
When you register, your name appears in the Alumni Directory and is visible to other registered members of the Crowe Horwath LLP Alumni Network community. When you complete your profile following registration, you may choose which pieces of information are visible in the directory using the "Show" feature. You may change this at any time by editing your profile using the "My Profile" function.
You are entitled to know what information we hold about you and to have access to that information. You can access, edit or correct the information in your profile at any time.
You can choose not to receive any communications from us about events or publications we feel might be of interest to you. However, so long as you are a registered user of the site, you may not opt-out of receiving communications related to the administration of your membership - e.g. notifications about changes in service, etc.
Finally, you can ask us to delete or deactivate your user account, but then you will not be able to access any members-only areas of the site. If you choose to deactivate your account, we will delete any residual information after a reasonable time, unless otherwise required by law.
You can exercise these rights and choices by contacting us at:
Crowe Horwath LLP Alumni Network
330 East Jefferson Boulevard
South Bend, IN 46624
What about sensitive personal data?
What security precautions are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of my information?
Your user account information is password-protected so that only you and Crowe Horwath LLP have access to this personal information.
Do not divulge your password to anyone. Also remember to sign out of your account and close your browser window when you have finished using the site, particularly if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe.
We take appropriate steps to maintain the security of personal data collected via Crowe Horwath LLP’s Alumni Network site. You should understand that the open nature of the Internet is such that information and personal data may flow over networks connecting you to our systems without security measures and may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the data is intended.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the sites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these sites, please note that these sites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or sites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these sites.
What are cookies and clear GIFs?
Cookies do a lot of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience.
The cookies used on this site have been categorized on the basis of the categories found in the ICC UK Cookie guide issued in April 2012. A list of all the cookies used on this site by category is set out below.
What if I don’t want cookies?
By using our site you agree that we can place cookies on your device as explained below. If you want to remove existing cookies from your device you can do this using your browser options. If you want to block future cookies being placed on your device you can change your browser settings to do this. For more information on managing cookies see www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/, Current “Do Not Track” initiatives are not recognized by our site.
Please bear in mind that deleting and blocking cookies will have an impact on your user experience as parts of the site may no longer work. Unless you have adjusted your browser settings to block cookies, our system will issue cookies as soon you visit our site, even if you have previously deleted our cookies.
Turning off cookies will also prevent any web beacons from tracking your user activity on our site. The web beacon will still account for an anonymous visit, but your unique information will not be recorded.
What cookies do we use on the Alumni Site?
Strictly necessary cookies – These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the site. Without these cookies services you have asked for cannot be provided.
Performance cookies - These cookies collect information about how visitors use a site, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don't collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how a site works.
We categorize the following as performance cookies:
Google analytics tracking cookies – used to track analytics of site use, including pages viewed and whether the individual is a new or repeat visitor.
Functionality cookies - These cookies allow a site to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, a site may be able to provide you with local information or news by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, font and other parts of web pages that you can customize. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. We may use information collected from our cookies to identify user behavior and to serve content and offers based on your profile. In some cases we pass this information on to others within Crowe Horwath LLP for marketing or analysis purposes. In most cases we will not be able to track individuals by name, only if a user is a registered user will we associate the cookie information with a named individual. These cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. They don’t gather any information about you that could be used for advertising or remembering where you’ve been on the internet outside our site.
We categorize the following as functionality cookies:
Conenza tracking cookies – authenticates the user by log-in details and remembers language selection.
Social login cookie – remembers when someone has previously used social log-in.
Enforcement of this Privacy Statement
If you think we are not adhering to the terms of this Privacy Statement, please contact Crowe Horwath LLP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this Privacy Statement. If we ever change this Privacy Statement, we will post any changes on this page, so that you are always aware of the information that we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances we disclose it.
Contact Crowe Horwath LLP
If you have any further questions on this Privacy Statement or how your personal data is used in relation to the membership services at this site, please contact Crowe Horwath LLP using the contact information provided below.
Crowe Horwath LLP: